From time to time job opportunities and internships become available at IPHA for suitable candidates. Please see below for the latest vacancies at IPHA:
Want to work at the heart of digital storytelling for Ireland’s originator biopharmaceutical industry? IPHA, the organisation representing the industry, has opened a one-year, paid graduate internship for a Digital Communications Specialist.
The role is designed to support the industry’s central digital storytelling capacity. IPHA’s mission is to partner for better health through innovative medicines, vaccines and technologies. Our brand purpose, and the name of our flagship film-led campaign, is Innovate For Life.
The role sits in the communications and advocacy team, reporting to the Director.
The Digital Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting the delivery of a digital strategy, with a focus on creating and executing strategically important campaigns to the highest standards of excellence. The specialist will support the Director of Communications and Advocacy on a variety of digital projects across campaigns, website, social channel management, social content development, and videography and photography. The demanding and varied role requires someone who is dedicated, organised and conscientious, with excellent teamworking, interpersonal, organisational and technical skills, and a personal style that is orientated towards proactivity, external environmental awareness, workstream ownership, accountability and attention to detail.
The specialist will be responsible for the below.
- Managing owned social channels, with responsibility for content, engagement, development and analytics.
- Creating and editing animated and motion graphics to an excellent standard, using a variety of software tools.
- Liaising with agencies on the management of film and digital content, including for #InnovateForLife, so that they are embedded in our external presentation and identity;
- Understanding how to source video footage from a wide range of open sources and licensed video and image libraries;
- Formulating a digital strategy for the Self-Care Division, led by the makers of over-the-counter medicines;
- Creating digital content to support the reach and impact of ie, an IPHA-owned platform for up-to-date, regulator-approved medicines information; and,
- Building relationships with external stakeholders, especially patients organisations, partnering on projects of common interest and engaging, where appropriate, on joint campaign work.
Candidates must have a primary degree in a related area or equivalent (NFQ level 7).
We would like to see the following criteria in the successful candidate.
- Technical competence in the operation of all aspects of social media platforms;
- Experience in storyboarding, scripting and social media content creation;
- Practical knowledge of SEO, CMS, and website design and management;
- Experience in live streaming and virtual conferencing;
- Capacity to create and edit animated and motion graphics using a variety of software tools such as Adobe After Effects, Photoshop Premiere Pro, InDesign, Illustrator and Lightroom;
- Ability to edit video to suit different social platforms;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at different stages of production simultaneously;
- Ability to scope projects, create timelines and follow through to completion;
- Ability to work to short deadlines, where necessary;
- Passion for, and interest in, the potential of medicines innovation to improve society and the economy;
- Interest in politics and public policy in health, enterprise and the economy;
- The ability to write clearly, concisely and quickly;
- The ability to communicate convincingly and with authority;
- The ability to think strategically and act tactically;
- The ability to see trends and spot opportunities, and to work well in fast-paced environments.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Friday, May 21st, 2021.
Careers at NIBRT